Monday, May 22, 2006

Pride and Prejudice


A beautiful story by Jane Austen, ad even more intricately played by the cast. Elizabeth was tailored made for Keira and I suppose there is no better substitute for her. (But Reese definitely deserved that Oscar, sorry Keira!). A 2 hour long film with no physical parts, but rich in witty conversations. Feel the film, and you'll want to watch it over and over and over again for the experience (and also for the gorgous Keira Knightley).


You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.


You're mistaken. I write slowly.


How many letters you must have occasion
to write, Mr Darcy.


Letters of business.
How odious I should think them.


It is fortunate, then,
they fall to me and not you.


Tell your sister I long to see her.


- I've already told her once.
- I do dote on her.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaven and Earth! Are the shades
of Pemberley to be thus polluted?


Tell me once and for all,
are you engaged to him?


I am not.


Will you promise never
to enter into such an engagement?


I will not and I certainly never shall.


You have insulted me
in every possible way


and can now have
nothing further to say.


I must ask you to leave immediately.


Goodnight.


I have never been thus treated
in my entire life!

2 comments:

ayjk said...

BORING....

Jien said...

haha =) really ka?