Friday, June 29, 2007

Death is Beautiful

Yes, it has been 6 months since my last post hehe.. Exams had caused this extremely long hiatus. And no, this blog is not dead yet.

The elder of my church passed early this morning. Is death always associated with grief and sadness? In our eyes, we have lost someone close and will never see them again. But this person has done countless righteous things, living a purposeful life. Loving his family and loving the church, leaving a legacy for all of us and a vision for us to pursue. Now he is back home with the Lord and is relieved of all suffering.


Death is a beautiful thing when life was purposeful.

(from hyms)
When my life work is ended,
and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning
I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when
I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first
to welcome me.

It is well with my soul.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, death is beautiful; I am waiting for it to come one day.
Some how, we may think death is a way to run away from the world, run away from all the troubles, problems and difficulties that we are facing at the moment.
Living can be enjoyable, but it makes us suffer too, will death take the ‘suffer’ away? I am not sure, may know it when I die but I can’t tell you after that….

Jien said...

Well, you have to decide how to live life. Then you will appreciate life and death.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate life and death?
Yeah, it is so amazing to make a life, to have a life, to live life.
How wonderful it is..
It depends how we choose to live with, it can be enjoyable and sufferable.
It depends how we choose to think it, positively or negatively.
What will be, will be..
Let bygones be bygones.
It is easier say than done, even though we keep telling ourselves everything will be fine when the time comes, but deep in our heart, we can’t avoid it, keep worrying, keep wondering how and what to do?
So what shall I do now? I have no idea.
It is my life, my decision?

Jien said...

Well, appreciate your conscience and consciousness. Live life.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate my conscience and consciousness?
Does human can think consciously?
Why nowadays still have robbery, raping, stealing….and so on?
Were the criminals conscious when they did all this?
Did they think about other people?
I hope I have strong conscience and consciousness in my life.
Only do the thing that is good for me and others, and not regret to whatever I have done.

Anonymous said...

instead of guessing what other may think why not u just think for yourself?
If you are willing to give, never ask any for return..
If you are receiveing, never be greed to ask for more..
Just appreciate to whatever u have, be thankful to the people, things, environment surround you..
they make u learn, make u grow..
the journey..
sometimes it is sad, sometimes it is happy..
chosse the way u like k?
Wish u happy everyday.. ^_^

Anonymous said...

U are right!
Actually, the person that we most neglected is ourselves..
we neglect what we should do..
sometimes we choose the path that hurt ourselves.. make us feel sad..
thanks!