Friday, June 24, 2005

Ratz!

Haha! We've finally dissected a rat! The rodent smells like chicken but much more stronger smelling. Frustrating it is when the bloody rat bloody bled at the slightest bleeding smallest cut. Scientist say that they are the closest resemblance to our anatomy but in our case, we were looking at the most alien GI tract ever. Over numbered liver lobes, a grey pancreas (supposed to be yellowish?), greenish guts, an odd looking bladder and a bubble on the stomach (rat with stomach cancer?). Too bad I didn't have a camera with me. Would love to post the pic for a post mortem.

However hard it is, I loved my rat. It gave me a complete anatomy, and had clear view of almost everything as I prodded the innards. Muahahahaha, hi there U6S3! I can't wait for next week to empty the thorax of its pinkish contents =) But darned, my hands tremble a bit... maybe its the rat playing mind games on me...

No comments: