Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Money and intelligence = ?

Pooh! Band 5 for MUET? Impossible I can't comprehend comprehension passages...c'est non-sens...j'dore le francais plus...

Ok, let's not talk about that. This is an interesting sight I saw today. The entire two-lane road from the SPRINT toll near Section 17 was jammed. "Why?", you ask. As I approach the bridge over the monsoon drain, I saw the yellow arm of a crane nest to a lamp post. I squinted to look at the nest at the top of the arm. There were 2 men moving around at in the basket. I thought some huge truck took out the lamp post and they were putting up a new one while clearing the debris. As I approached the site, I frowned. The men were holding some poles and waving them around. Guess what they were doing. Yes, they were painting!! Right in the middle of the road during a lunch rush hour! Where on earth are their intelligence? Some people must have given them enough money to encourage them to do the work a little too enthusiastically. Imagine if their painting job continues into the rush hours of the evening. The entire Damasara road will look like a stationary glowing snake from the air. Where is their common sense to do all maintainance after dark? Money is used to paint lamp posts when their metal bodies are very unlikely to rust. How about starting to think about filling up pot-holes? They post a greater danger to motorists rather than a not so attractive lamp post. Funny...

No comments: