Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sweet Prayer

Little Lark's Song

This is her prayer when I felt dry:

Guard my heart O’ Lord
As so that I do not lose sight of You
That my senses may not be blinded by the world
Empty rituals that bind my praise.

Allow my spiritual act of worship rise to You, my King
A pleasing aroma that wafts sweetly
A powerful weapon that pierces all darkness
A gentle song that lights up Your face.

As I pick up my lyre and lift my voice
Let it be from my soul that cries out
Blind my eyes but unveil my heart O’ Lord
That I will see naught but You.

Let my deeds be of You, for You and from You
My service pure and true
Let not pride and arrogance be near me
As I joyfully sing to You.

For my Lord, You see the hearts of men
As they lay bare before Your throne
You delight in the praise of the righteous
But abhors the lies of the hypocrites.

So draw me into Your inner courts my Lord
Part Thy veils for me, I plead
That I may enjoy Your lovely presence
And forget all that is of me.

(For Jien, in times of worship)
Posted by dangerous cat at 4:12 PM


Thank you, little lark =)

No comments: