Sunday, July 29, 2007

CIMB Squash Finals

Nicol! Nicol!

As I walked around The Curve on Saturday, I noticed a strange looking box in the middle of the oval. Little did I know that the squash finals was being held there! I booked my standing place on the first floor 1 hr before the games, but there were also people already standing around. The paid seats were RM30..felt a little regret not paying a bit for a rare occasion so nearby. Even more disappointing was that I didn't think of standing behind the pressmen facing the players! Wasted.. could have gotten nice portrait pictures of the players then. But anyway, I could see the action from a bird's eye point of view and not blocked by the crowd =) Unexpectedly I managed to see Nicol David in person, our very own women's squash world number 1! And of course Azlan Iskandar, our world number 14 for men's. Both of them finished the day by becoming the champs of the tournament =) Hats off to them! But still... Nicol!!! Nicol!!! ^^



Azlan in dark attire.

Azlan drinking.

Men's match.

Nicol in dark attire.

A thrilling match.

Nicol sitting with an official.



2 comments:

Sam Leong said...

brilliant!!

Jien said...

yea =)and nicol played very well! nice nice..